FAQs for the Global Ecommerce Shipping APIs¶
For Frequently Asked Questions about the Shipping APIs, please see the following FAQ topics:
For carriers not listed above, see the carrier reference pages.
For merchant FAQs, see Merchant Accounts FAQs.
- What is an IMpb?
- What is an IMb?
- How do I print a First-Class Mail letter or flat label with an IMb?
- How do I print a doc tab?
- How do I print a return address that is different from the origin address?
- Can I get only the USPS postage indicia to use on a label?
- How long is a USPS shipment label valid?
- What is the correct placement for a shipping label?
- Can I get the transaction receipt for a label that has already been printed?
- What USPS customs form is required for my shipment?
- What domestic shipments require a customs form?
- Can I add a signature and date to a customs form?
- How do I provide a provide a VAT or IOSS number?
- How do I add the Importer’s Tax ID to a customs form?
- Where is the Importer’s Tax ID displayed?
- When reasonForExport is DOCUMENTS, what are the required customs fields?
- What are the cutoff times for manifests?
- When does the auto-manifest job run?
- How is the local time zone determined for USPS shipments and manifests?
- What is included in a USPS SCAN form?
- Can I exclude shipments from appearing in a USPS SCAN form?
- Can I choose to manifest a shipment at a later date?
- Can I remove shipments from a manifest after creating the manifest?
- How long is a manifest URL available?
- Expedited Delivery
- What are the cutoff times for USPS shipments and manifests?
- How do I know if USPS has suspended service to a location?
- How do I know the input parameters for a USPS special service?
- Which USPS transactions require a trackable special service?
- How do I track a USPS parcel?
- How do I insure a USPS shipment?
- How do I file an insurance claim for a USPS shipment?
- How do I file a Delivery Guarantee claim?
- Do the APIs support E-DELCON?
- Do all USPS services return transit times?
- Expedited Returns
- How do I set up my account to print Expedited Returns labels?
- Can I use discounted rates when printing an Expedited Returns label?
- How do I know if an Expedited Returns label has been used?
- How do I know the final cost of an Expedited Returns label?
- How is the charge for an Expedited Returns label calculated?
- Do Expedited Returns labels incur charges other than postage?
- Can an Expedited Returns label use cubic pricing?
- How long is an Expedited Returns label valid?
- How is an Expedited Returns label voided?
- Standard Delivery
- Can I retrieve rates for PB Standard Delivery shipments?
- Does my shipper rate plan apply to PB Standard Delivery shipments?
- Does my postage account get charged when I print a PB Standard Delivery label?
- Can I subscribe a shipment to notifications?
- Can I include reference fields in a PB Standard Delivery shipment?
- What is the default non-delivery option?
- Can I use the APAC Services to create a shipment and default services to manifest or void it?
- Why is “Exception Label” printed on the label?
- Standard Returns
- Must a merchant be enabled before printing PB Standard Returns labels?
- What label types are supported?
- What label sizes are supported?
- If I create a QR code, can I view the corresponding label?
- Can a merchant add a logo to the return label?
- Can a merchant add a barcode to the return label?
- Must merchants provide Return IDs?
- Do merchants need to close out PB Standard Returns labels?
- How do merchants track PB Standard Returns labels?
- Is the Rates API supported for PB Standard Returns?
- Single PB Delivery Request
- How do I register a merchant to print UPS labels?
- How do merchants pay for UPS labels?
- Who determines the rate charged for a label?
- Why does the Rates API not display all available services?
- Can UPS ship to Puerto Rico?
- Are customs forms needed for shipments to Puerto Rico?
- Can UPS ship to APO/FPO locations?
- Will UPS pick up parcels?
- Can a merchant cancel a UPS label?
- Can a merchant reprint a damaged label without getting billed?
- What happens the merchant enters incorrect weight or dimensions?
- Does UPS require a manifest?
- What is USPS Automated Package Verification (APV)?
- Does APV take into account my discounted rates?
- How can a merchant ensure postage is calculated accurately when printing a label?
- How do merchants know if there have been APV adjustments?
- Does the Merchant Portal display APV adjustments?
- What happens if the postage account does not have sufficient funds?
- How does a merchant dispute an APV adjustment?
- How does a merchant view the status of an APV dispute?
- How long does it take USPS to review a dispute?
- Sample APV Adjustment
- Address Validation
- Delivery Guarantee